From plan to action, join this unique workshop in Abu Dhabi and learn the basics about infographic design to master this useful tool.
WHAT: Infographic Design Workshop in Abu Dhabi
This course is an introduction to the basics of the visual representation of data. In this class you will learn how to design successful charts and maps, and how to arrange them to compose cohesive storytelling pieces.
We will also discuss ethical issues when designing graphics, and how the principles of Graphic Design and Interaction Design apply to the visualization of information.
Tuesday and Wednesday 21 and 22nd October 2014
twofour54 Lime Green Building, Room 205, Abu Dhabi
How to analyze and critique infographics and visualizations in newspapers, books, TV, etc., and how to propose alternatives that would improve them.
- How to plan for data-based storytelling through charts, maps, and diagrams.
- How to design infographics and visualizations that are not just attractive but, above all, informative, deep, and accurate.
- The data, the story, and the sketch
- Reviewing the infographic document
- Adding and customizing a stacked bar chart
- Creating simple icons for power sources
WHO IS IT FOR:
You work with data and wish to learn more about turning data into something visually compelling. You’re a designer who wishes to learn more about information graphics. You’re a developer who is interested in creating more usable and elegant front-end solutions.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Visit this website