The Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development in partnership with Abu Dhabi University is organizing the first Techno-preneur Competition in the UAE.
This competition is considered as an accelerator program to help technology-based entrepreneurs take the first step towards initiating their innovative ventures.
- Individuals or groups of young entrepreneurs holding a technology based idea and looking to transform it to a viable business.
- 50% of any group should be of UAE citizens.
- Groups should be located in Abu Dhabi or nearby areas.
- Exploring technology-based business ideas.
- Short listed teams will attend a workshop to develop a business model.
- 3 winning teams will get seed funding in addition to short incubation to develop prototype at the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center at Abu Dhabi University.
- One-to-one coaching and mentoring for the business model development and the prototype development.
- Winning teams will then get in the process of being funded by Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development to launch their enterprise (conditions apply).
If you wish to participate, the deadline to apply is the 26th February 2014.